Saturday 24 October 2015

Pancakes


It has been a exasperating week.

This week was literally a cycle of testing, failing, testing, failing, testing and even more failing. The memoirs of my research journey is speckled with plentiful maddening defeats, sufficient to discourage and demoralise.

Many times a day I've had to abort task, go back to basics and try again, and then come to nothing at the end of the day.

And to amplify my frustration, the painful blistering on my fingers decided to pay me a unsolicited visit. Having diagnosed differently 4 times by the doctors for whatever these were, I gave up making another appointment (you'd probably only get one about 2 weeks later anyway...). My fingers are mottled with red swellings, making them tender, fat and ugly.

It is tiresome, isn't it? To be caught in this vicious cycle of self-pity?

In a bid to ameliorate the pain (mentally and physically...), I make myself some feel-good pancakes. One whole mountain of fluffy goodness for my own consumption.


Slapped with butter and drizzled with honey, I began shedding off the mountain layers from the top down. A happy tummy makes a happier mind.


What?
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Butter, for greasing pan
How?
  1. Whisk the egg until fluffy.
  2. Mix in the milk.
  3. Add the dry ingredients (plain flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) and mix well.
  4. Heat up a frying pan and lightly grease it with some butter.
  5. Pour some batter onto the pan and tip the pan to spread it out.
  6. When bubbles start to appear on the surface, flip it over to cook the other side.
  7. Repeat until all the batter is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment