Saturday 19 March 2016

Rocky road brownies

It is suddenly Spring!


Just two weeks ago it was blustery and cold, I found myself scrapping ice off my windscreen. It was a pain - but look at the pretty crystallisation! :)


In the midst of grumbling over how chilly it (still) was, I've let Spring come unnoticed. I pondered how I could have not seen the blooms, how I could have missed those. 


It seems that I've allowed negativity to overcome (or even consume!) me in mere moments that I've missed the good things happening around me. 

Like every season, "this too shall pass", and every obstacle encountered is but only a temporary hindrance. I shall look for the positive lesson in every situation and move on. And have some brownies. :)


What?
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp coffee powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 120 g butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/4 brown sugar, 1/4 caster sugar)
  • 3/4 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 cup nuts (I used pecan)
  • 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
How?
  1. Stir eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, coffee powder and vanilla essence until combined.
  2. In a separate bowl, stir in sugar to melted butter. When butter is warm (not hot), add it too the cocoa mixture. Stir until smooth.
  3. Add flour to the batter and stir until just combined.
  4. Add nuts, marshmallows and chocolate chips and stir until fully incorporated.
  5. Spread batter into pan lined with parchment paper and baked at 180 degC for 20-30 minutes. The batter should be moist but not wet.
  6. Remove from oven and top with more marshmallows and drizzle with chocolate if desired! Cool on a wire rack before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment